Monday, July 6, 2009

Why Are You Bald?

Wayah Bald??? This is a short drive outside of Franklin. You wind up a road with lots of switchbacks and end up at this overlook tower. The story on a sign says that a wise Cherokee chief would take his grandson, named Wayah, up to this high point to study stars. It is also believed that other explorers, Ponce de Leon and William Bartram, used this place to create charts and maps as well. Libby took lots of pictures that I have used here. There are several other photos that I'd like to include, but blogspot does not seem to want them here. I'll try that again later, I suppose. And, what's up with the picture locations that I can't seem to move? Will a blogger help a girl out?













4 comments:

  1. I will do what I can. First if you browse and upload pics out of order you can drag and drop them where you would like them. BUT, if it is centering of the pic, you must chose right, left or center after you browse but before you upload it on the post. If you want to change it you must delete it and start the upload again. Hope it helps. I thought you were going to talk about someone being Bald...like Brent. Glad he is there with his girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Jill. She taught me so follow her instruc. Everyone looks like they are having fun. The view in the pics is so beautiful. Hope you are enjoying your hubby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We miss the Russ family around here. Poor Tay and Lij aren't gonna make it much longer without Alma and Chloe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some awesome shots. I love the picture of the whole family!

    ReplyDelete